In the evening, we eat LIGHT !
“Eat like a king in the morning, like a prince at midday and like a poor man in the evening”, does that mean anything to you?
In the evening, at dinner, or even after eating, certain products are available avoid for the line. It is often advisable, after a certain time, not to consume anything more because our body tends to store sugar and fat directly in our hips, and when we eat too much fat, digestion is made difficult and can disturb your rest: spasms, cramps, gas, acidity, nocturnal awakenings ...
It is better to eat little and thus avoid having a heavy stomach. We even recommend ending dinner with a little hunger. Here are the foods to avoid before going to bed:
- Avoid overly filling dishes;
- In the evening, there is no question of eating fried foods (fries, nuggets, crisps, spring rolls ...), cold cuts, red meats (very rich in protein) and cheeses should be avoided during dinner to avoid work the stomach at night and store fat;
- Oily fish (sardines, mackerel, salmon) are certainly good for your health but, once again, much too fatty for the evening. Prefer so-called lean fish: hake, cod, etc. Also avoid pizzas, pasta and rice rich in gluten and therefore difficult to digest;
- Bread should be eaten in moderation, and mainly in the morning, for breakfast. In the evening, avoid consuming it or, failing that, prefer wholemeal bread;
- Avoid meals with too many condiments, such as garlic or chili peppers. This is because they cause stomach acid and gastric reflux. This interferes with digestion and therefore prevents restful sleep;
- Beware of sugary foods!
- Ice cream is high in fat and sugar. If they are the perfect accompaniment to a good TV series, a few hours later it stays on your stomach and delays falling asleep. If you are fond of frozen pleasures, prefer sorbets, more digestible and less caloric;
- Biscuits, rich in sugars and fats, are strongly discouraged, especially in the evening. Avoid alcohol, coffee, dairy products and chocolate (except dark and strong in cocoa). Green tea, which contains several stimulants such as caffeine, theobromine, and theophylline (which can increase heart rate), is not recommended less than 2 hours before going to bed.
These efforts will help you stay in shape and benefit the whole body.